Spicy Garlic Spaghetti
This quick & easy spaghetti is the perfect go-to during busy week nights or when throwing a dinner party. It’s simple, oh-so satisfying & I bet you already have most of the ingredients sitting right there in your pantry! I promise!
Garlic is one of the most utilized ingredients in a kitchen, and for good reason. It keeps for long periods of time, goes with pretty much everything, smells like heaven when lightly cooked, and has the effortless ability to elevate the flavors of dishes. Not to mention it’s good for you! Major bonus, am I right?
We utilize another ingredient in this recipe that is not only has a laundry list of health benefits. Parsley. This understated green herb helps bone health, immune support, fights diabetes etc. It’s a so much more than a garnish on the side of your plate!
Now, this recipe doesn’t have a traditional “sauce” to it. butter, a small amount of cooking liquid & the naturally occurring starches from the pasta. This simple mix creates a luxurious, buttery “sauce” that coats the noodles perfectly. You won’t miss that jar of tomatoes!
So, cheers to this simple, classic Italian recipe! May it make your next gathering a breeze. Happy cooking.
1 lb spaghetti, 3-4 large cloves garlic chopped, 1-2 tablespoons red chili flakes (depending on how spicy you like it), 2 tablespoons dried parsley, 4 tablespoons butter, Finish with toasted bread crumbs, Salt as needed.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Generally 8-10 minutes.
- While pasta is cooking, chop garlic.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain, reserving about ¼ cup of the cooking water.
- In a large pan over medium-low heat, melt butter, add garlic, parsley & chili flakes. Allow to toast for about 30 seconds or just until garlic is aromatic.
- Add pasta to pan and stir together. Add cooking liquid 1 tablespoon at a time until a light sauce is created that coats all the noodles. Add salt as needed.
- Serve in a large bowl for family style dining or using tongs, divide into shallow bowls.
About the Author